Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Recipe for Vegetarian people | Gooey Ginataang Kalabasa with baguio beans and shrimp

 

"Gooey Ginataang Kalabasa with baguio beans and shrimp"

Ever wondered how I cooked my Gooey Ginataang Kalabasa? 

Let's find out!


Dices of Pumpkin

Pumpkin or Kalabasa in tagalog, is one of the most healthier vegetables in the world, when I was young they always told me that, "Pumpkin is good for the eyes!" and this what I only know about the benefits of pumpkin, until now. hahaha  
 before I really don't like the taste of pumpkin.. But it change when I taste the "Ginataang Kalabasa".  one of my Auntie is a good cooker of  'Ginataang kalabasa' which gives more tastier to the pumpkin, and this gives me interest to start to like it..

Time had past, and pumpkin is now one of my favorite vegetables..
 I always have the pumpkin on my fridge and play around together with the ingredients and cook, especially with the coconut milk, it is very good combinations!.

Now I will share one of my cooking procedures and recipes and see how its done!


My Ingredients: 


Pumpkin
3 cloves of garlic
1 onions
1 pack or leash of baguio beans
1 can of coconut milk.
1 half kilo of shrimp
1 cup of water
salt 
pepper
half of chicken knorr cubes or pork

Procedures;

Sauté Onions first and wait until brown, and add the garlic, when both are ready, start to add the shrimp and mix it together, when the shrimp is brown, add the pumpkin/kalabasa and mix it together,, we need to spread the taste of the shrimp to our pumpkin, because it will gives more additional extra taste.. add some salt and pepper to taste for your preffered estimation.. Pumpkin takes time before it's finally cooked, put the 1 cup of water and let it simmer.. Prick the pumpkin to the fork if its bit tender,  then you can add the coconut milk and the baguio beans.  Mix and Covered and Simmer.. 

After simmered, checked your ""Ginataang kalabasa" and taste it. The pumpkin has its sweet taste, you need to balance the saltiness and the sweetness, for your preferred taste. in my case, It should not be more sweet and need to taste the salt as well.



   


My Ginataang Kalabasa becomes gooey because of the coconut milk and the pumpkin, But this is what I want...

Now its done and ready to serve!!!... happy eating! Mi-Yummy!!




Post a Comment

0 Comments